Tomball Home Inspections
Welcome to our Tomball Home Inspection page! If you would to take a look at our home inspection services or if you would like to contact us we would be happy to speak with you about any of your home inspection needs.
The remainder of this page will be devoted to the ins-and-outs of building a home in Tomball Tx
Tomball Home Building requirements
In order to build a new home in the City of Tomball, a Residential Building Permit Application must be submitted. The City of Tomball is under the 2012 International Residential Building Code. new home’s in Tomball also must pass and submit a 2012 Energy Analysis Report that includes the Building Envelope, Lighting Loads and Mechanical Loads. The following conditions are required by the City of Tomball:
-An approved set of plans must be on the job site. This can be beneficial if your home inspector is comfortable reading and analyzing your home’s foundation and framing plans prior to the inspection.
-Obtain inspections for all phases of construction work being done.
- Foundation inspection- This is typically done once all of the forms are set and the reinforcement is in place. Prior to pouring concrete.
- Rough inspection of plumbing, mechanical, gas and electrical systems prior to covering or concealment and prior to the framing inspection.
- Frame and masonry inspection- Conducted after the roof and all of the fire and draft stopping has been complete
- Final inspection- Upon completion of all permit work, and prior to receiving your certificate of occupancy from the building official
-Before Tomball will issue a certificate of occupancy the builder must have completed an Energy Analysis Report to the 2012 IECC standards as well as having a Customer Service Inspection by a third party inspector
Tomball Tx Master Planned Communities
Wildwood at NorthPointe
- Located in Northwest Houston just off of Highway 249 and Northpointe Drive, Wildwood at NorthPointe is spread out over a 700 acres with a projected 2000 homes upon completion
- Wildwood home builders include David Weekley Homes, J. Kyle Homes, Trendmaker Homes, and Perry Homes. The home prices range from $200,000 and continue to around $500,000
- Notable home builders within the Wildwood development are: Anglia Homes, Lennar, Meritage Homes, M/I Homes, and Village Builders
- The Wildwood residence will be attending the Tomball Independent School District, as well as Canyon Pointe Elementary, NorthPointe Intermediate, and Willow Wood Junior High
Tomball Texas Home Owner Information