Katy Home Inspection
Welcome to our Katy home inspection page. If you are building, buying, or repairing your home, give CeS Inspections LLC a call and let us assist you with your home inspection needs. CeS Inspections LLC is a first-class home inspection company that provides the most comprehensive analysis of your home’s structural and mechanical condition. Contact us today!
Katy Building Requirements and Information
On January 1st 2014 the city of Katy Tx, adopted new model building codes for all new home construction in the Katy Tx city limits. The updated codes below are the minimum required standard that all Katy Tx builders must adhere to. The cyclical rate of change from one code edition to the next is implemented in order to incorporate increased building efficiency practices and safer homes.
- International Residential Code – 2012 Edition
- International Mechanical Code – 2012 Edition
- National Electrical Code – 2011 Edition
- International Energy Conservation Code -2012 Edition
- International Fire Code – 2012 Edition
- International Fuel and Gas Code – 2012 Edition
- International Plumbing Code – 2012 Edition
The city of Katy’s Building Department is the approving authority for all new home construction and remodeling improvements. In order to proceed from one phase of you new home construction to the next, building official will need to inspect and sign-off on the home. Additionally, the city of Katy requires building permits for existing structures that are going to be remodeled.